Don't live in Nashville, TN? You can still work with the expert staff at Spiral Spine. We work virtually with clients all over the world helping them understand their scoliosis, reduce pain, build strength, and improve their quality of life. Virtual lessons can teach pad placement, at-home exercises tailored to your body, or address needed rehab from surgery, bracing or injury.
We can help you with your scoliosis and an individualized plan of care no matter where you are in the world.
types of Virtual classes
PRIVATE CLASS WITH INSTRUCTOR
1 Session $85
5 Session Package $415
10 Session Package $800
PRIVATE CLASS WITH ERIN MYERS
1 Session $130
3 Session Package $360
Expiration: all single sessions expire in one month; all packages expire in three months
"I happened to be in Nashville in January 2020, and booked a private with Erin. From that lesson forward, my journey with scoliosis has literally been changed forever.
I reside in Florida, so I couldn’t meet with Erin in-person to continue our private lessons. When Erin suggested we continue working together virtually, I was skeptical, but let me ease any fears or uncertainties you might have. Erin’s virtual lessons are as if you are with her in person. I often think Erin has x-ray vision, as she can see the tiniest spots that are off in my body, and this is all via a virtual platform. On more than one occasion, I’ve been completely awestruck after our weekly lesson, as pain I’ve been struggling with simply melted away. I literally thank God for Erin, as she has truly changed my life.
Seriously, there is no challenge too small or too immense for Erin. Virtual lessons work and you can thrive too! The words ‘thank you’ will never be enough to express my gratitude to Erin and her studio."
Melissa R., Florida
HOW TO BOOK & PREPARE FOR YOUR VIRTUAL PRIVATE
BOOK THE LESSON
- Visit the booking site: book with Erin or book with all other teachers.
- Find a time and date that works for you and book & pay for your lesson. Please note you are booking in the US central time zone.
EMAIL YOUR HISTORY
- Email a brief summary of your history. If you have scoliosis, send any pictures or x-rays of your back. A photo of an x-ray is fine.
- Include your name and the date of your lesson in the subject line.
PREPARE FOR YOUR LESSON
- Find a quiet space where you can comfortably lay down that has at least 3-ft of space on either side of you.
- Brainstorm questions and goals for the lesson. Have that list and a paper and pen with you during the lesson so you can take notes.
- Set up your internet-connected video device. Test the connection before the lesson. Also test the view by turning on the camera. Please make sure you place the device somewhere that allows us to see your body length-wise.
- Gather any equipment or props you have. This can be traditional Pilates equipment or anything you can safely work with. Examples include: mats, balls, towels, therabands, yoga blocks, & hand weights.
- Click on the Zoom link at least 5 minutes prior to your lesson. This allows time for the program to open and you to get situated, thereby making the most of your lesson. The teacher will join at the appointed time.
We can't wait to work with you!
If you’d like to order Pilates equipment for your house, we are happy to give you suggestions based on your needs. We are also able to get you a discount on Balanced Body equipment. For assistance, please email email@example.com.
"What a wonderful experience virtual Pilates has turned out to be! My teacher took care of all the technological issues; all I needed was my iPad and a carpeted space. She began each session by asking me what was going on with my neck, and then we worked for an hour on gentle exercises that left me feeling unlocked and relaxed. If I was unable to understand what she was asking me to do, she demonstrated the exercise which I was able to watch on my iPad. She also developed a series of easy daily exercises for me to do on my own; she provided photos and written instructions; then she watched me perform these exercises during one of our sessions to ensure I was doing them properly. Working remotely has been every bit as productive as being in the studio!"
Laetitia H., Tennessee
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Do you take insurance?
What should I wear?
Wear something you feel comfortable moving in. Capris and long workout pants are great, but no short running shorts please. Socks or bare feet are fine.
Can I take Pilates if I have a special issue with my body?
Absolutely! Our staff specializes in developing programs and exercise modifications for clients dealing with injuries and other physical issues (i.e. scoliosis, lower back issues, and pregnancy). Please book a private appointment first so you can learn appropriate modifications before booking a group class.
How long do classes last?
All classes are 50 minutes.
How do I sign up?
What is the cancellation policy?
If you must cancel your scheduled class, please do so 24 hours in advance to avoid a full-service charge. While we understand that unforeseeable circumstances and illnesses do occur, our 24-hour cancellation policy remains in place.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS ARE SAYING:
"I contacted Erin after listening to a Pilates podcast she was interviewed on, and I was in awe of all the research and dedication she has given to her work on scoliosis. She is without a doubt the Queen of Pilates for scoliosis, and has completely changed the course of my daughters Pilates journey. I work with my daughter closely each day as she has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), which is very complex and Erin is there to take us a step further each time we are ready. My daughter instantly had confidence in her teaching and trusted Erin, which can be difficult as EDS is not well understood. Erin is very approachable and loved by my daughter for her boundless energy and positivity. She works safely and methodically and we are very grateful to have Erin on board our path to moving freely and pain free. I have complete confidence and feel incredibly inspired by her work. As a Pilates teacher myself, it’s a double bonus watching and learning from her teaching!"
Jo D., England
Interested in at-home Pilates workouts?
Erin has several workouts available for you through Balanced Body's website. These scoli specific workouts are for intermediate and above clients and use a variety of equipment.